|1mg||10pills||$7.99||$0.80 per pill|
|1mg||20pills||$14.99||$0.75 per pill|
|1mg||30pills||$20.99||$0.70 per pill|
|1mg||60pills||$39.99||$0.67 per pill|
|1mg||90pills||$53.99||$0.60 per pill|
|1mg||120pills||$65.99||$0.55 per pill|
|5mg||30pills||$30.99||$1.03 per pill|
|5mg||60pills||$57.99||$0.97 per pill|
|5mg||90pills||$78.99||$0.88 per pill|
|5mg||120pills||$95.99||$0.80 per pill|
Generic Propecia is a 5a-reductase inhibitor used to treat male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in men.
The drug is used to treat and control benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients with enlarged prostate gland in order to:
- reduce the size (regression) of the enlarged gland, improve the outflow of urine and reduce the severity of symptoms associated with BPH;
- reduce the risk of acute urinary retention and the need for surgical intervention, including transurethral resection of the prostate gland and prostatectomy.
Instructions for use
The recommended dose is 1 tablet at a dosage of 5 mg 1 time per day with meals or regardless of food intake.
The drug can be used as monotherapy, as well as in combination with an α-adrenergic blocker, doxazosin.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor individually. Despite the fact that improvement in the patient’s condition may be observed earlier, at least a 6-month intake of the drug is necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of the action, after which treatment should be continued.
For elderly patients and for patients with renal failure of varying severity (decrease in creatinine clearance to 9 ml / min), dose adjustment is not required.
There is no data on the use of the drug in patients with impaired liver function.
Do not use in children.
- Hypersensitivity to finasteride or any component of this drug;
- Minor age;
- Women (especially during pregnancy).
The most common adverse reactions are impotence and decreased libido. These adverse reactions occur at the beginning of the course of therapy and disappear with further treatment in most patients.
- Immune system: hypersensitivity reactions, including pruritus, urticaria, and Quincke’s edema (including swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, and face);
- Psyche: decreased libido, which may continue after cessation of therapy, depression;
- Cardiovascular system: accelerated heartbeat;
- Liver and biliary tract: elevated levels of liver enzymes;
- Skin and subcutaneous tissues: rash, itching, urticaria;
- Reproductive system and mammary glands: impotence, ejaculation disorder, tenderness and enlargement of the mammary glands, pain in the testicles, erectile dysfunction, which can continue after treatment is stopped; male infertility and / or reversible impairment of sperm quality (normalization or improvement of sperm quality was reported after stopping finasteride intake).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Women of childbearing age and pregnant women should avoid contact with the generic Propecia, as it has teratogenic properties (the ability to suppress the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone can cause impaired development of the genital organs of the male fetus), penetrates the seminal fluid.
No clinically significant interaction with other drugs has been identified. Finasteride does not significantly affect the enzyme system, which metabolizes drugs associated with P450 cytochrome. Although the risk that finasteride affects the pharmacokinetics of other drugs is estimated to be small, it is likely that cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors and inducers will affect finasteride plasma concentrations. However, given the established safety indicators, any increase in finasteride concentration due to the simultaneous use of cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors is unlikely to have clinical significance. Human compounds tested include propranolol, digoxin, glyburide, warfarin, theophylline and phenazone; no clinically significant interactions were detected.
Propecia is prescribed with caution to patients with liver failure.
With a large volume of residual urine and / or a sharply reduced urine flow, it is necessary to keep in mind the development of obstructive uropathy.
Before starting treatment with finasteride and periodically in the course of treatment, a rectal examination should be carried out, as well as research using other methods for the presence of prostate cancer.